Monday, January 10, 2011

Professional Growth November 2010

On November 15, 16, I attended my third NAHPERD conference. My first NAHPERD conference I attended with the hopes of learning something new to bring back to my Elementary Physical Education classes. The second NAHPERD conference I attended I decided I had some things I thought other physical education teachers around the state might be interested in learning about, so I submitted a proposal to present. To my surprise my proposal was accepted and I presented on how I am using technology in my PE classes. I received many positive comments on the material I presented, so I am continuing with my quest to implement and encourage other educators around the world to incorporate technology into their PE curriculum's. I am a huge supporter of using Mac products and would have a tremendously hard time conducting my PE classes without the use of my Mac, which has become attached to my hip. My third NAHPERD conference found me serving on the board of directors in the sports and PE division, as well presenting another session on the uses of technology in Physical Education, specifically the uses of Garage Band and how it can be used easily to make podcasts. I use podcasts in my PE curriculum almost on a weekly basis. The power of podcasting has served as a great organization tool, management tool, and an engagement tool for me as a teacher, as well as to my students who learn and think naturally through technology. I know great things will continue to happen as I continue to learn more and more about different ways to incorporate technology into my curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment